Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jom Slow Jogging


I have been going for morning walk and I do not jog for it’s already in my mind that jogging may hurt my knees as my body weight is almost 100 kg. At one time, I was able to reduce it to 92 kg but now my body weight is yo-yo around 95 kg.

Just read Mr. Junji Takano’s article on “Jogging Secrets Revealed” forwarded to me by a friend via email.

I am most interested when I read of what he‘d mentioned, “Jogging consumes about twice more energy than walking. It means that if you jog slowly for 20 minutes a day, you can burn as much as 6 kilograms of fats.”

I tell myself, if I can do this, then I can reduce my body weight to 90 kg. How nice! So I tried to jog the way Takano described it. Feel so happy, it works.

This type of jogging that he recommended is an easy slow jogging without using tight muscles. The following tips are applicable to small schoolchildren to very old senior citizens as health-building exercise:

1)  Square up.
2) Slightly bend your head forward.
3) Just press your foot forward.
4) Smile and chat while jogging.
5) Jog for about 10 minutes 3 times a day, or 30 minutes
    per day.

According to Takano, we can run as long and as far as we want without using our tight muscles. The wonderful thing about slow jogging is we won’t get tired at all.

All we have to do is just run slowly. It seems like walking but don’t walk.

Jogging at the speed of walking is the secret!

We are able to jog for 4–5 km per hour.

Another beautiful thing about slow jogging is reducing our stress and won't get angry easily.

Believe it or not, slow jogging can help prevent diseases of elderly people such as Alzheimer's disease, dementia, and of course, it helps increase the learning capability of young generations.

Well, for elderly people, our main concern is how to reduce loads to the hip and knee during slow jogging.

The answer is simple. Tanako said, “To do this, just keep in mind that the stepping distance should be short and avoid making loud sound of shoes.”

With these two simple techniques, our jogging will improve 2 - 3 times better.

Happy jogging, folks. Remember, it’s slow jogging.

No comments: