Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mangosteen Is Good For You

One early morning as I was doing the regular brisk walking at Segamat Country Club, my friend LPY joined in. While walking, he noticed that I could not catch up his pace due to my pain in my left knee and also pain on my right leg. Then he started talking about the mangosteen juice and he told me that one of his friends who had the same problems as mine somehow recovered after drinking the mangosteen juice. This prompted me to search for more information on mangosteen from the internet. I am more interested on the bnefits of mangosteen, whether it can enhance our immune system and slow down our aging process.

I remember that my late parents used to tell me to eat the mangosteen fruits after eating durian. Durian has been referred to “King of the fruits” while mangosteen has been know as “Queen of the fruits". There were few mangosteen trees planted in the compound of the manager’s bungalow in Regent Estate, Gemencheh, Negeri Sembilan, when I managed the estate from January 1994 to June 1995. My family and my staff used to enjoy eating the mangosteen fruits during the fruiting season. We had the fun to choose and pick the fruits we liked from the trees to taste the juicy flesh of the fruits. It was so delicious!

Accordingly, mangosteen fruits can strengthen the immune system of our bodies because of the presence of more than 40 different Xanthones, the phytonutrients. This may help to fight infections and also protect against certain diseases (such as arthritis, moderate asthma, diabetes, prostate cancer and heart disease). Mangosteen fruit is also a rich source of antioxidants; well-known to delay aging process. Other research reports also showed that the mangosteen fruit contains many natural supplements and vitamins.

No wonder we always feel more energetic and rejuvenated after eating mangosteen fruits regularly. All in all, mangosteen is good for you!


(For information on mangosteen juice, click and visit http://www.myxango.com.my/jamesloh )

1 comment:

jmtan2007.blogspot.com said...

Yes, I agree. Mangosteen is good and it has a cooling effect. We usually eat mangosteens after eating "hot" durians. I used to eat a lot of mangosteens when my wife bought from the pasar pagi during the durian season. Mangosteens usually appear during the durian seasons and you can't get them throughout the year. In fact we should eat more fruits. all kinds. They are a great source of vitamins and minerals, good for our bodies. They cleanse our bodies of toxics. Meat contains a lot of toxics. So it's best we consume less meat. As the saying goes, " An apple (fruit) a day keeps the doctor away."